How can I create an SPU?
A Standard Product Unit (SPU) is a collection of attributes (eg. brand, model) that are common to a product across all sellers. Similar concept to Lazada SC’s Master Product but SPUs can be created by sellers.
Simply put, SPU is = Brand + Model + Mandatory Attributes
To create an SPU, go to Products > Add Products then select a category in the deepest level for your product:
Fill in Brand and Model (SPU Attributes), then subsequently fill in other attributes:
- All brands must be pre-registered in Lazada. Otherwise, sellers should request for the brand of their products.
- Brand name on the product image and the brand name in the brand field must match.
- For the products without any brand, please fill in “Unbranded”
- Add brands (as needed) through this link (It may take 1-2 days)
Mandatory attributes marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled in for the following sub-categories:
- Fashion: Clothing
- Electronics: Mobiles & Tablets, Computers & Laptops, TV, Audio / Video, Gaming & Wearables, Cameras
- Attribute values will be either text or number (with single/multi-option)
If you don’t fill in all the mandatory attributes, you’ll get an error message.
Once information has been double-checked, click Submit. You've successfully created an SPU.
Change data in an SPU
All existing SPU value are fixed and a seller cannot edit the SPU information. But if a seller finds data in an SPU as incorrect, a formstack in the menu allows the seller to submit a request for change to Lazada Content (the owner of the SPU data). A QC agent will verify if the suggestion is legit.
Step 1: Click on Advanced View --> information icon --> "please click here to request new values"
Step 2: It will lead you to this formstack. Fill the formstack accordingly and click on "Submit form"