How do I avoid broken images on my product page?
To provide you, as well as our customers, a secured environment to sell and shop, Lazada.com.ph will be served over full HTTPS by August 2017.
What is HTTPS?
HTTPS means Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure, which means that all communication between the user and the website are secured. An example of a website with full HTTPS is the Seller Center.
How does the HTTPS affect my images?
In line with this effort, some images may be broken due to:
- Images in unsupported formats (Supported formats are JPEG and PNG)
- Images in the Long Description that are embedded from a non-HTTPS website
What do I need to do?
Log in to Seller Center and do the following before end of June 2017:
- Check if your images still follow the Image & Content Quality Guidelines, and replace them if the images are no longer updated.
- Check if your images and Long Description content are hosted on an HTTPS website. If not, please transfer them to a secure website.
What will happen if I do not change my images?
Lazada will replace all non-HTTPS links in our website by end of June 2017. If your SKUs’ images or embedded content are not of the right format, they may become broken links on the site.
- This will have a negative impact on your customer’s shopping experience.
- You will not be able to update your SKUs if they have broken images.